Thursday, February 27, 2014

Artists who did my covers.

I had the great pleasure of 'meeting' Jaki Martinez in a Facebook group devoted to a certain series of books that we both love. I had tried making my own cover, and had showed it to the group to get opinions. She contacted me and told me that she and her boyfriend, Mike, could make me a cover. Since they were recent art grads they could do it for marginally cheaper than other artists. They did some concept sketches for me, and needless to say I was blown away with what they had.
Concept drawing of Braelyn

So, I hired them. They kept me up-to-date on where they were, which was pretty exciting for me. Finally they showed me this:
Front cover

The whole background for the cover

I was astounded. Speechless. It was EVERYTHING I wanted. So when it came time for the second book, I went back to them.
Part of the cover for the second book.
Again, they astounded me. These two young artists were wonderful! And you know what? It was their first time doing a book cover when I hired them.
Back cover for the third book
Front cover for the third book

Here are the links to their portfolios:


I highly recommend these two. They were fantastic to work with, and super nice. If you hire them, tell them I did so :) You can find them on Facebook too!

Cheers, 

Katie






No comments:

Post a Comment