Saturday, February 15, 2014

Settling in.

My husband, son and I recently moved out of my parent's place, the farm I grew up on. We're only five minutes away from them, but I miss waking up in the morning and looking out over the farm. In the summers it was very beautiful, with the smell of the growing corn and the smell of the farm itself. That farm was where my imagination flourished. Where I had my adventures running around the neighbours bush and playing on hay wagons.
I have my mother to thank for my love of reading. She taught me to read before I entered kindergarten, and I was an advanced reader. I started writing when I was 12 or 13--it's been 10 years, and I am still loving it.
Tolkien had a huge impact on me, as did Tamora Pierce. I love Fantasy, magic, and dragons. I love strong female characters, and that is what I write in my books. Yes they still find love, but they can take care of themselves.

Each of my heroines have a part of me in them. I value friendship above a lot of things, I crave adventure, I love animals, and I'm a romantic. Things in my past have changed me, made me stronger. A lot has happened in my short life. I'm twenty-three. I have been to Scotland, I have travelled across Canada (on a family trip). I want to see more of the world some day, but it'll have to wait until my son (and any other children I have) have grown.
Since I was young, I have wanted to do two things: be an archaeologist, and an author. I went to university to be an archaeologist. I spent two years there, and then I came home to try to pay off my student debt. Life happened and I met my husband. Our son is 10 months old now, and he's walking. I am so proud.
I have published one book so far. The sequel will be out soon. I am so proud of my book too! People are actually showing interest in it! I hope I don't let any of my readers down. I wrote what I would like to read, and I know others enjoy the same genre.

I think I went off on a tangent there. We're still settling in to our new place, with a new puppy to keep us even more occupied. At least the cat and the puppy are getting along. I'm a bit behind on my writing (thanks to Netflix) but hopefully soon I'll catch up.

Thank you everyone!!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment