Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Some more about me :)

This is my sweet son Daniel, who is just over 10 months.
When I tell people that I'm a published author and I'm working on more books in the series, and then go on to say that I have a 10 month old, they always act surprised. How can I be a mother and a writer at the same time? Well let me tell you, it can be difficult. Since he started crawling I can only write while he's napping; and now that he's walking I can't do ANYTHING on the computer because it's too distracting and he could get into something. Sometimes I can do a little bit of writing while he's up, but that's rare. Weekends are when I get the most work done because my husband is home and he can look after Daniel.

Our dog Kara and cat Orion.
We got Kara a few weeks ago. She's now around 13 weeks old. Her mother was a chocolate lab and we think the father was a border collie. She is FULL of energy and is very lovable. Our cat Orion we have had since he was born pretty much--he is almost 2! Daniel likes chasing Orion around, pulling his tail, and using him as a pillow.

This is my bookshelf in real life. All of these books (and more) are on my virtual bookshelf on my website.
I love reading. SO much. I'm the kind of person who, if it's a fantastic book, will get so lost in the book that if you try to talk to me I will not be able to hear you. I read The Fellowship of the Ring in three days. If it's a great book I will shut myself away some place comfy, have some snacks, a drink, and read, read, read. I'll only stop to relieve myself and then I'm right back at the book!
I don't know if you can see it, but there's a kukri blade on the top shelf. It was the inspiration for Braelyn's sword in the first book of The Bloodline Saga.

This is my husband, son and I back last fall.
I love my little family. My husband is so supportive of my writing, even if he's not a big reader himself. He still wants me to get another job though. I like being a stay-at-home mom and a writer!

This creepy look tree is in the bush behind my parents' farm. Doesn't it look neat?
I spent a lot of time as a child running amok in this bush. I got a lot of inspiration from it. I love nature. I also love growing trees. Oak trees are my favourite ones to grow. Such a tall, mighty and majestic tree from a little acorn! One of my characters, Tessa Oak, was created because of my love of trees and my love of Greek mythology. If you read my books, you'll understand ;)


Cheers!!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment